See a rough unordered list of projects I plan to do in the near or far future.
- Hacking on Pythonic Universe.
- Creating a Boulder Dash clone which has awesome physics and game mechanics.
AI is a fascinating topic. I'd love to play with an AI I developed myself. However, this is a rather tedious and time consuming task.
- Build a basic learning AI.
- Build a learning AI, which can adapt to different environments and set it in a simulated physical environment to see what happens.
- Give my PC a real personailty. With multiple facets, to give a reason for comments that this machine hates me or is nice or anything ;)
There are some huge gaps in applications on the pc desktop. Here are those I wish I could adress:
- A proper mail client
- A proper music player (like rockbox, but on my pc)
- Semantic desktop (at best combined with aforementioned AI)
Web development / Server stuff
Although piwi is cool, I'd like to have something different for my and other websites I maintain, mainly because I hate PHP.
- git+xslt-based content management system (more-or-less static content)
- tracking amount of traffic in munin using iptables – with a proper configurable script.
- A huge XMPP based bot herd which allows for system maintenance and remote control, possibly with distributed overminds so that it still can do scheduled tasks etc. when one system goes down unexpectedly.
- A bunch of gadgets for the geek home. Live bus arrival time trackers and so on
- Ethernet on an FPGA
- A theremin
- My own radio
- An IPFire based router/switch/homeserver solution